OFSC OPERATIONS WITH COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS
- We are unable to offer Pre CanSkate at this time. We are offering CanSkate to new skaters who are in kindergarten and are able to get on/off the ice by themselves as well as get up if they fall down. For our returning participants CanSkate will be available if they have completed Pre CanSkate and are at the CanSkate level one regardless of age.
- At this time only one parent/guardian are allowed to accompany a participant (under age 10) in the Sportsplex. The parent/guardian are permitted to stay and watch if they would like as long as all facility signage and physical distancing measures are followed. No siblings, friends, extra parents will be allowed in at this time. The observation room overlooking the auxiliary ice will not be available.
- Participants can enter the Sportsplex using the doors on the West side and exit from the doors on the South. All directional signage must be followed while in the arena.
- Participants are required to self-screen before entering the arena and in accordance with public health orders must not attend any club activities if the a) Exhibit any Covid-19 symptoms, such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by health experts b) Have returned from travel outside Canada (must quarantine for 14 days) c) Have been in contact with someone with Covid-19 in the past 14 days
- There will be a daily screening as well when you enter and your information will be taken for our contact tracing log.
- Participants are expected to arrive ready to skate (in skating attire) with a full water bottle no more than 15 minutes before ice time. There will be benches available to put on/take off skates as well as dressing rooms available to put on/take off skates. It is recommended getting your skates on before entering the arena due to limited seating and a 10 person max in dressing rooms.
- Participants are required to wash their hands prior to each session. Participants can line up at the boards no earlier than 5 minutes prior to ice time and must follow the physical distancing rules maintaining 6 feet apart.
- Coaches and Program assistants are required to wear masks at all times and must adhere to the physical distancing rules. Participants are not required to wear a face mask but can choose to do so during less intense physical activities.
- Participants must leave the arena within 15 minutes after they are finished. It is recommended all skating attire that was worn be washed after each session.
- In the event of an outbreak and the cancellation of training sessions the Club will refund members for the training sessions that were missed while shut down.
- In Lieu of Volunteering at the Competition or Carnival this year the club will be doing a Little Caesars Pizza fundraiser. Each family will be required to sell $200 worth of the product. The Bond cheque will be set at $200 to reflect the amount needed to sell.
Please Print this form, sign it and have it with you on the first day of skating. Participants will NOT be permitted on the ice without this waiver turned in.
The Rapid Response Plan includes the Protocol for reporting and confirming illness/exposure and notifying Alberta Health. The Rapid Response Plan also includes the procedure to modify, restrict,postpone, or cancel training sessions, if required and the protocol for return to skating post-infection.
Health Screening Questionnaire OFSC google form: https://forms.gle/Srg75AzjRS9aWy9ZA
Coaches/Program Assistants/Volunteers Checklist